A man’s passion for cars can be pushed to the limit with collecting vehicles that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Most of us will never afford to pay a million Euros or dollars for a car and need to get a car loan through a program such as novated lease at Car Loan World.
For those who are truly passionate and can afford it, owning a series of luxury cars is no longer a dream, but has become more of a hobby. It is really difficult to choose the best cars of 2013 as there are quite a lot of vehicles which have a gorgeous design, bear the logo of a super car manufacturer and come at a very spicy price. We have done our homework and brought to you the top 5 vehicles that have made it into Forbes’s list of the world’s most luxurious cars of 2013.
5. The Germans have amazed us all once again with the new Brabus, based on the Mercedes SL65 AMG. This car has so much horsepower that it is actually in competition with some of the world’s finest supercars. The vehicle is quite similar to a Mercedes SL65 AMG, fitted with a 6-liter V12, modified to generate 788 horsepower and tremendous torque – 1419 Nm. In fact, the couple is so great that the Germans had to limit it to 1100 Nm, in order not to destroy the transmission. The car can reach 100 km/h in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 350 km/h.
4. When you think of luxury cars, it’s almost impossible not to think of Porsche. The new Porsche 911 GT3 brings a DFI engine evolved from 3.8-liter version, six cylinders and 475 hp, not to mention that it can reach 100 km/h in 3.3 seconds. The top speed is 313 km/h. The 911 GT3 comes with something new: it will have electric power steering and a dual-clutch gearbox. The starting price is 137.303 Euro on the German market.
3. If we are done exposing the expensive cars, let’s move on to the chapter of exorbitant toys. This McLaren costs 1,000,000 Euros, money that offers a fantastic design, managing to reach 100 km/h in less than 3 seconds, 200 km/h in 7 seconds and 300 km/h in 17 seconds, five seconds faster than its „grandfather”, McLaren F1. The top speed is electronically limited to 350 km/h. The engine provides 916 hp, delivered by a hybrid system consisting of a twin-turbo V8 3.8-liter (737 hp at 7,500 RPM) and an electric motor of a couple of 900 Nm.
2. The Ferrari LaFerrari is the car which excited even Luca Di Montezemolo. With the engine evolved from the F12 Berlinetta, 6.3-liter V12 and 800 HP, it still gets an additional 160 HP from the 2 electrical engines. The total power of 950 is higher than that of its rivals McLaren and Lamborghini. This Ferrari can reach 100 km/h in less than 3 seconds and a top speed of over 350 km/h. The car comes in three color options (red, black and yellow) and will be produced in 499 units.
1. As usual, we saved the best for last. We have mentioned a Porsche and we have also told you about the Ferrari. As you’ve probably guessed it, the top most luxurious car of 2013 is a… Lamborghini. The Lamborghini Veneno was the most admired car this year in Geneva. With “only” 740 horse power, the Veneno is built on the same platform as the Aventador. The engine’s power has grown with 50 hp and it can reach 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds. It has a maximum speed of 354 km/h and it is as “cheap” as 3.6 million Euros.