Okay 2012 may be in full swing already but that doesn’t make it any less important to know what the best cars of the moment are. As much of the world is still in economic turmoil it seems sensible to reveal the most economical cars, which could save you money and thus help you to be more financially comfortable, while still driving a great auto.
The most economical cars are also the most kind to the planet, so in one of these cars you can feel like you’re doing your bit for the environment, as well as your pocket. Here are the top 10 economical autos for 2012:
1. Toyota Auris – the Auris hybrid model is a British built eco car that offers excellent fuel consumption and low emissions. It is also roomy, comfortable and has no problems eating up the road on long journeys.
2. Lexus CT – for an automobile with mature style and elegance a Lexus CT is a good shout. It is a hatch-hybrid with great fuel consumption, so you can cruise comfortably without huge gas bills.
3. Smart FourTwo – if you are on the lookout for a cute little run-around that is cheap to purchase and run, this could well be it. It only seats two people so is not suitable for a family, but for anyone without kids this is a fantastic choice.
4. Renault Clio 1.5 – this cheeky French hatchback is just the job to keep motoring costs down and it is a fun, eco-friendly car too.
5. Chevrolet Aveo – you don’t have to get a tiny car if you’re cutting costs, as fuel efficiency is now available in autos of all sizes. Proof of this is in the Chevvy Aveo, which is spacious but still offers over 78 mpg.
6. Skoda Fabia Greenline – this is a sensational super-mini which, while being a smallish city car, still has five seats and can fit a family in with no trouble.
7. Toyota Prius T3 – the Prius has been known as an environmentally friendly vehicle for a number of years now, and thanks to its hybrid status it is also an economical auto. This car is versatile and functional and continues to fly off forecourts.
8. Seat Ibiza Ecomotive – if you’re looking to save money but you still want a car that’s fun and looks great, this could be it. With this auto you’re looking at over 80 mpg but it still has some power under the hood.
9. VW Polo BlueMotion – this auto has a 1.2 litre TDI engine, meaning that it is very affordable to run. It still retains a bit of power though and is thoroughly fun ride, whether in the city or out on the freeway.
10. Kia Rio – the spacious and comfortable Kia Rio is a functional and attractive ride and great for a family. It also boats an impressive 88 mpg and 85mg/km CO2 emissions. This makes it a vehicle that is kind to your bank balance as well as the environment.
There are also some superb used car dealerships on the market offering great all-round value, so start searching.