The new 2014 Ram ProMaster is a commercial van manufactured from the popular Fiat Ducato truck, a truck known for its successful 30 plus years, reliable services and durability paired with matchless cargo capacity and so over 4.5 million units of this high performance truck were sold. The 2014 Ram ProMaster puts the Fiat Ducato truck back into full size commercial van segment. The van is equipped with the best in-class features to meet the needs of the commercial customers. This is a purpose built van offered with highly customizable options. The 2014 Ram ProMaster is built to meet the needs of today’s customers and so everything in the car is technologically advanced. The key features of the 2014 Ram ProMaster are cargo capacity, fuel economy, interior ceiling height, step-in height, payload, turning radius and total cost of ownership.
The 2014 Ram ProMaster has a really fascinating that features twin-reflector headlight cluster, a bold and refined hexagon shaped crosshair grille, a “Ram” logo is placed on the center of the crosshair grille and a wide easy to clean the windscreen.
The interior is very comfortable offering higher passenger seating and huge cargo capability. The roof height is available in two choices, 90 inches or 101 inches which is the best in-class roof height. The van has a standard sliding door at the passenger side whereas an optional sliding door to the driver’s side. The van is equipped with high end safety features and technology features including electronic stability control, traction control, the Parkview backup camera, Parksense with an audible warning and also features Uconnect’s user friendly interface.
Two engine choices are offered for the 2014 Ram ProMaster, 3.0 liter in-line 4-cylinder engine generating 174 horsepower and 295 lb ft of torque and a 3.6 liter Pentastar V6 engine produces 280 horsepower and a torque of 260 lb ft. Both the engines are paired with a six speed automatic transmission and a six speed electronically controlled automated manual.
Ram offered 13 different 2014 ProMaster configurations that are as follows.
- ProMaster 1500 Cargo Van 118- inch wheelbase low roof
- ProMaster 1500 Cargo Van 136-inch wheelbase low roof
- ProMaster 1500 Cargo Van 136-inch wheelbase high roof
- ProMaster 2500 Cargo Van 136-inch wheelbase high roof
- ProMaster 2500 Cargo Van 159-inch wheelbase high roof
- ProMaster 2500 Window Van 159-inch wheelbase high roof
- ProMaster 3500 Cargo Van 159-inch wheelbase high roof
- ProMaster 3500 Cargo Van 159-inch wheelbase high roof extended body
- ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab 136-inch wheelbase
- ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab 159-inch wheelbase
- ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab 159-inch wheelbase extended body
- ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab Cutaway 136-inch wheelbase
- ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab Cutaway 159-inch wheelbase
- ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab Cutaway 159-inch wheelbase extended frame
Ford Transit, Chevrolet Express, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, GMC Savanna, Ford Econoline and Nissan NV Cargo are the key rivals of this performance oriented commercial van.