The race for better hatchbacks have always been on and therefore many automakers around the world are now focusing on launching their best hatchbacks in the Indian market. Nissan decided to enter the Indian auto market with the launch of Nissan Micra and have done well to attract more consumers to something different. The new smaller car is agile and sporty and offers better looks which is very different from the regular hatchbacks in India. Here we take a quick look at some of the top features of the vehicle in the Nissan Micra review below.
- The overall looks of the vehicle is very zippy and sporty and therefore it can attract lot of consumers that want smaller cars that speak volumes about being sporty. The front side styling is very different but simple at the same time but t certainly offers something different to consumers that are watching the Indian hatchback space.
- The front bumper of the vehicle gets the same body color and therefore it makes the car look sportier and aggressive. The front hood offers elevated feel to it which makes the car look muscular and sporty from the front. The oblong shaped headlamps offer something fresh and new to the front fascia while the fog lights offer more functionality to the vehicle.
- The new model of Nissan Micra also sports 15 inch alloy wheels and rear defogger. Nissan has also offered new rear spoiler and various roof enhancements that make the car appear better but this is available only for some exclusive models.
- Nissan Micra is available in both petrol and diesel versions. The petrol model of Nissan Micra is powered by 1.2 liter 1198cc DOHC 12 valve 3 cylinder with electronic fuel injection control system that can offer superior best in class performance. The engine can produce 70PS at 6000 rpm and 104 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm. The engine is coupled with five speed manual transmission. The car can accelerate from zero to 100 kmph in 14.5 seconds and offer top speed of 160 kmph. Nissan Micra offers 14 kmpl in the city and 18.6 kmpl on the highway in terms of mileage.
- On the other hand, the diesel version Micra is powered by 1.5 liter 1461cc SOHC 8 valve four cylinder engine that has the capability to power out 64PS and 160 Nm of torque. The engine is also mated with standard five speed manual transmission for better handling and control. There is no doubt that the diesel version is definitely powerful than the petrol version and offers 23.8 kmpl overall mileage which is best in its class.
- Nissan Micra also is among the top cars that offer better safety features like electric power assisted rack and better steering wheel, front ventilated brakes, rear drum brakes with ABS. The car also offers better safety features like engine immobilizer, in-built security alarm, ABS with electronic brake distribution, dual front airbags and Brake Assist. It also offers better 3 point ELR seatbelts, central locking options, driver seat belt reminder, and the much popular remote keyless entry.
- Nissan Micra is really good at offering better interior options and therefore the car has s integrated audio system with four speakers and Aux In port which is the most striking feature of the car in terms of interiors. Nissan Micra offers bright dashboard which makes the car look bigger and spacious and therefore it has a new fresh appeal.
- The car also offers intelligent multi display meter which showcases all the information clearly to the drive outside temperature, like cruising range and real time fuel economy information. The instrument panel is black with white rings for better readability and better eye appeal as well. The interior is ample and spacious for five passengers and the cargo space is good enough for various daily needs and requirements making Micra one of the best hatchbacks in the Indian market.
- The all new Nissan Micra is available in the Indian market for Rs. 4,23,000 and above.