While Chevrolet has been introducing some new cars into the market the American automaker has also come up with better redesigned models of some of the cars that were highly popular few decades ago. Chevrolet has now decided to roll out the new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible which is officially the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible. While Chevrolet will introduce the coupe version in the year 2013 they have decided to roll out the convertible model later next year. Here we take a quick look at some of the top features of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible in the review below.
- The convertible version gets a similar look like the coupe with more angular styling and front diving nose and broader front fascia it still has something that separates it from the regular coupe version. Like the coupe even the convertible is made up from all new lightweight aluminum frame which actually cuts down the overall curb weight of the vehicle. The new frame structure makes it safer and better for the driver and the passenger.
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible also gets standard carbon fiber hoods and power operated soft top roof which makes it convenient for the users to lower and lift the roof as and when required. The best part about the new soft roof top is that it can be lowered remotely using the key fob.
- The front side of the convertible also gets sculpted features like advanced high intensity discharge and LED headlights and lower front end that offers race track aerodynamics and balances low drag for better fuel economy. The turn signals also feature edge lit amber LED lighting.
- On the rear side, dual element tail lights make it look different from any other vehicle on the street. The design of the tail lights integrate with the aircraft style air outlets that make it look distinctive and aggressive.
- While Chevrolet has done so much work on the exteriors of the convertible they have also added better engine under the hood. The convertible gets 6.2 liter V8 engine that powers the rear wheels. The engine has the capability to produce 455 horsepower and 460 lb feet of torque which is better than the earlier version that offered 436 horsepower and 428 lb feet of torque.
- The V8 engine offers direct fuel injection technology with variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation. While Chevrolet has not provided the official figures for fuel economy but it should offer 16 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg combined with the manual transmission.
- Chevrolet claims that they will offer seven speed manual transmission which will be optional along with conventional six speed automatic transmission.
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible also offers many safety features like ABS, stability control, traction control, side impact airbags and rearview camera. It will also include OnStar safety features which includes automatic crash notification, on-demand road assistance, remote door unlocking and stone vehicle assistance.
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible also gets high quality interiors with advanced technologies that make the driving experience better and engaging. It gets jet fighter inspired wraparound cockpit, smaller steering wheel, better supportive seats for lateral support and high quality soft materials.
- The seats get Napa leather seat cover and consumers have the option to select between GT seats for better comfort and Competition Sport seats for better race track support.
- The leather wrapped instrument panel offers better options and micro LED screen provides all the information to the driver.
- Chevrolet has not made any announcement for the retail price of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible so far.
Chevrolet has not launched the car yet and therefore comparisons with other convertibles can be made only through assumptions. While the convertible is speedy and offers race track experience there is not much information on the handling response of the vehicle. Chevrolet has updated the interiors which were not too good on the earlier models so that should impress sports car buyers. Overall 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible should offer better all-around performance.Read More