While BMW is all focused about the new BMW 5 Series the automaker is equally keen on introducing some of the new luxury vehicles under BMW 6 Series that will take the driving fun to the next level. BMW said that they are concentrating on some of the new premium luxury vehicles which are dynamic, exclusive and sporty in terms of performance and appearance. BMW has now made an announcement of the new M Sport edition models of the BMW 6 Series models. The German automaker claims that the M Sport edition models take the driving experience to a higher level while they offer attractive price advantage to the buyers. Let’s take a quick look at some of the top features that vehicles will get with the M Sport edition of the BMW 6 Series.
- The M Sport Edition can be combined with all BMW 6 Series vehicles and it offers better exterior features to BMW 6 Series Coupe, BMW 6 Series Convertible and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe.
- For the exteriors the all new M Sport Edition will offer better aerodynamics which will improve the appearance and the performance of the 6 Series vehicles. It will include 19 inch alloy wheels in double spoke design. BMW has announced that all the M Sport Edition vehicles will now have the double spoke design for wheels and steering wheel as well. The new package will also include LED fog lamps, BMW high gloss shadow line, black painted brake calipers, and dark chrome exhaust tail pipes. The new M Sport Edition package will also have optional Adaptive LED headlights for buyers who are interested in it.
- BMW has also announced that all the M Sport Edition models of the BMW 6 Series also have an option to go for Sakhir Orange metallic M paintwork which was previously provided for BMW M6 Coupe, BMW M6 Convertible and BMW M6 Gran Coupe.
- In terms of performance, the M Sport Edition package will not have major changes to the fuel economy or the engine performance. BMW 6 Series is available in coupe and convertible models and BMW 640i coupe and convertible both offer 3.0 liter six cylinder engine with automatic transmission. The coupe offers better fuel efficiency of 22 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway while convertible offers 20 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. Similarly, BMW 640i xDrive gets the similar engine that delivers almost the same kind of fuel economy on the roads.
- While BMW 650i coupe and convertible gets the 4.4 liter V8 engine that is mated with automatic transmission and delivers fuel economy of 16 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. BMW 650i xDrive offers better top speed but drops in terms of fuel economy.
- The M Sport Edition BMW 6 Series will have lot of difference compared to regular BMW 6 Series. The new package adds the new M leather steering wheel, M door sill finishers and sporty seats in leather nappa or Alcantara. The new package will also include BMW Head Up display, multifunction instrument display, nappa leather covered dashboard and professional Hi-Fi system. The new audio system will have 12 speakers in BMW 6 Series Convertible while it will have 16 speakers in BMW 6 Series Coupe and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe.
- All the BMW 6 Series M Sport Edition vehicles will also get the ConnectedDrive navigation package which includes 10.2 inch Control Display. It offers voice control, extended hands free telephone system, BMW ConnectedDrive Services for various apps and BMW Online. It will also offer BMW Concierge Services, Remote Services and Real Time Traffic Information.
- BMW 6 Series vehicles will have some of the top safety features like ABS, child seat anchors, anti theft alarm system, Emergency Brake Assist, Cornering Lights, xenon headlights, stability control, traction control, front seat head restraints, tire pressure monitoring and brake drying. Both 650i and 650i xDrive M Sport Edition models also get Active Driving Assistance, Lane Departure Warning, Active Blind Spot Detection, side and top view cameras, and speed limit information.
- The all new 2014 BMW 640i Coupe M Sport Edition is available at $80,625, while the 2014 BMW 640i Convertible M Sport Edition is available for $87,925 and the 2014 BMW 640i Gran Coupe M Sport Edition starts at $83,325.
- BMW 650i Coupe M Sport Edition is priced at $91,925, while 2014 BMW 650i Convertible M Sport Edition has a market price of $99,225 and the 2014 BMW 650i Gran Coupe M Sport Edition begins at $94,625.